October 23, 2010

Fettucine Alfredo

Ingredients
1 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
3 T. butter
1 C. parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Whole nutmeg
1 pkg. fettucine or favorite pasta

Instructions
  1. In a medium pan put in 3/4 C cheese, cream and butter, turn on the heat to medium and until thickened. Turn off heat. 
  2. Cook pasta.Transfer pasta to sauce and turn to low.  Toss the pasta to coat evenly.
  3. Add the remaining cheese, salt, pepper and grating of nutmeg (~ 1/8 tsp).  Toss again.  Taste and correct for salt.  Add a little cream to thin out if necessary.
  4. Serve immediately with extra cheese.
  5. You can add grilled chicken or shrimp to this dish.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I remember indulging in this wonderful dish when you lived in this really cute apartment. I'm sure it was before you were married and possibly in the Mira Mesa area or Del Mar. I remember loving this aged wood shelf that you had which you had painted (crackled). Gawd my memory sucks. I do remember taking this Fettucine Alfredo down though and it had shrimp in it! The freshness, creaminess, and butterness made me a happy fatty!

    ReplyDelete