May 29, 2011

Billie's 1st Birthday Birdie Party

This party was so much fun to put together.  This was for my baby girl Billie's 1st birthday party, one big WOW party to show her how much she is loved. 

My friend Milissa from Mili's Sweets made the awesome cupcakes and cake.  She also helped me style the table.  I was surprised how much aqua stuff I had lying around the house.  I combined some new and old pieces to display the sweets we had.  I even had some vintage Pyrex dishes that had aqua roosters on them!  How's that for fate.  Milissa provided the glass candy dishes, topiaries and wooden dessert display.


Pom Pom's from Etsy, PomLove.


Hat box from Target.


Mug from Anthropologie.  Colander from Cost Plus.  Candies from Party City.
Tablecloth from Target.


Love the details of the birds Milissa created.  Tea cup from Anthroplogie. 
Had this cup from years ago.

The bird that topped the cake.  Strawberry Shortcake, yum!


The little felt birdies I sewed for each family.

Billie's name created by an Etsy seller, SimplyPerfectDecor.
I found the orange and aqua birds from my local Hallmark store.  They
are actually salt and pepper shakers.


I created this with my favorite picture from each month, April 2010 - April 2011.
I spray painted the clothes pins that I found from Target.

On the dessert menu:
Milis's Sweets cake and cupcakes
Miniature cheesecakes
Miniature apple pies
Pecan pie tartlets
Pastry strudel with fruit and pastry cream
And lots of different candy

On the lunch menu we went with an all Asian selection:
Thai beef
Lumpia
Pansit
Empanadas
Salt and Pepper wings
Shrimp w/ a honey walnut sauce
Honey garlic spareribs
BBQ with a Korean marinade
Pork fried rice

No comments:

Post a Comment